Prime Why PR1ME Works Menu
Why PR1ME Works
Teaches via problem solving
PR1ME Mathematics teaches via problem solving through the systematic development of problem sets; and by focusing on both aspects of problem solving - the method and the process.
Focus on the Problem Solving Process
PR1ME Mathematics explicitly teaches an efficient 4-step UPAC problem solving process. This process builds good habits for approaching mathematical problems of all levels of difficulty.
Focus on the Problem Solving Method
PR1ME Mathematics explicitly teaches different problem solving strategies and how to select, express, categorize and compare these strategies.
Problem Solving Strategies
The Bar Model Method
The Bar Model Method is one of the most powerful strategies for mathematical problem solving. It allows students to solve complex word problems using visual representation.
Varied Problem Sets
Students progress through different types of problem sets including word problems, non-routine problems, problem posing tasks and mathematical modeling.
- Enable students to apply knowledge learned and make mathematics relevant to daily life.
- Assess students’ ability to apply knowledge learned.
- Provide opportunities for students to apply knowledge to unusual or complex problem situations.
- Develop higher order thinking skills.
Problem Posing Tasks
- Provide students with opportunities to pose problems and deepen conceptual understanding.
- Develop positive attitudes and perseverance.